13 May, 2008

First Post

Hi everyone,
I hope you enjoy reading my blog about all my adventures in Australia. I have approximately 5 weeks until I leave on a big jet plane to my new home and I am very nervous. I have made this trip twice before but I dread that long plane ride. It is a 14 hour flight on Qantas. I will be leaving LAX at 11 pm and arrive in Australia at 7 in the morning. My visa starts on the day I arrive and will end a year later.
At the moment I am looking for a job and will start applying next month for casual/temporary jobs throughout Sydney. If I find a job in the CBD, I will have to take a train to work everyday. I would like to find a job where I will be living, Engadine, so that the commute will not be so rough on the pocket. I am looking forward to spending time with Chris' family and friends and making some new friends of my own. I hope to meet up with my YDU (yanksdownunder.net) friends in Sydney.
This blog is for my family members at home in Texas and other states as well as my new Aussie friends. Thank you all for your support. Send me comments often and emails too. Love you all!

-Val

No comments: