10 August, 2008

My trip over...

Hey everyone,
Sorry that it has been nearly 2 months since my last blog. I will try my best to update you on my experiences so far. I'll start off with my the events on June 17-19th.
I arrived here on June 19th a few hours later than expected due to a crazy trip over. After leaving Amarillo, my plane was re-routed to Abilene due to storms in Dallas. As I sat on the plane in Abilene, I called mom to see if there were more flights to LA that day and she couldn't see any except for one. I sat in Abilene on the plane for about 1 1/2 hours and then finally got to DFW. After I arrived, I knew I had missed my original flight to LA and also the next one that my mom infomed me of, so I rushed to the counter to ask for a plane ticket to LA and they had one leaving in about 30 minutes, so my luck had changed! I got to the gate and it kept being delayed due to the plane arriving late from all the delays earlier. Finally I get on the plane and I arrive in LA about 3 hours later than expected. So then I still have about 6 hours to lull around LAX until my flight to Sydney. I spend my time sleeping and calling my mom and I charge my phone and eat some food until about 2 hours before my flight. I walk to see if my flight is on the departures list and it is but the time is red and it says 3:20 AM when it was supposed to leave at 11:50 PM. So I still have 5 hours before my plane leaves due to a never-ending delay of the Qantas Sydney to LA to NY plane. Finally getting ready to board I get my new boarding pass with a different seat on it than I had originally chosen. When I board the plane, I am pleased to see that I am in the bassinette row!!! With about a foot of room in front of me to stretch out! Hooray for good luck in the end!

I get to Sydney about 2 hours late and guess what?!?! I have lost one bag somewhere along the way. So I have to go to the baggage services so they can put a search out for it. Then I have to wait for my ride. Chris was going to pick me up when I was arriving on time but he had to go to work so he had his mate Brad come but he couldn't come until 4 hours after I arrived. So waiting again in an airport. Oh well, he came and we went to my new home in Engadine. Phew! What a trip. By the way, my bag came a couple of days later. Thanks QANTAS BAGGAGE SERVICES!!!

No comments: